Here are some basic Rift rogue guide tips that will help massively with your leveling build:
- Remember that the rogue is not a hugely powerful melee character, especially at lower levels. This calling specializes in using one-handed weapons that are not going to cause massive amounts of damage.
- This means that to play effectively as a rogue you need to rely on wile, skill, and special abilities. Rushing in as a 'meat-headed' brawler is likely to result in a quick death.
- Rogues are extremely effectively at using physical ranged attacks such as bows and guns. Use this to your advantage. Think Legolas in Lord of the Rings, not King Leonidas from 300. Get the 'Marksman' soul early on and put time and effort into leveling this up. You will be rewarded with rapid level progression and an enjoyable gaming experience.
- Rogues are rather rapid levelers. This means that if you want to power-level to 50 quickly picking a rogue as your leveling build is an extremely wise idea.
- Rogues are more effective at PvP than PvE combat. This is especially the case when using melee specialization or 'souls'.
- Don't overlook using Bard as a starting soul. The name may sound lame, but it is a useful route to take, and extremely powerful at low levels.
- Try to get a pet early on in the game. This will help you level your build, and provides an interesting faucet to gameplay.