Thursday, September 29, 2011
If you have not yet already read my review of Rift Domination first then do so now- you will be pretty interested in what I have to say about the guide, as it differs from the competition in a couple of ways.
Once you have made up your mind, if you want you should buy Rift Domination here to ensure that you get the absolute best price possible.
The truth about Rift Supremacy is that it is not a scam. I can wholeheartedly promise that it is a legit strategy guide, with a lot of cool and useful information that you can use to improve your playing skills.
There are a lot of 'haters' of paid strategy guides out there, even though this is pretty misguided. Rift Supremacy is definitely not a scam, and there is absolutely no way that I would recommend it if it were anything but a legitimate strategy guide.
Rift Supremacy scam? I think not.
Click here to learn more about Rift Supremacy today.
Friday, September 16, 2011
Thursday, September 15, 2011
I am always keenly interested in any new MMORPG strategy guide that comes out. Because of the complex nature of this genre of game, there is never going to be one definitive guide. Clever players can always develop new strategies to get themselves to the top- that's what makes online RPG gaming so exciting. So does Rift Domination bring anything new to the party, or is it more of the same old?
Here is my Rift Domination review, in convenient bullet points, so you can easily make up your mind:
- Rift Domination does have a very clear and concise method for building levels quickly. Although I said in the past that Rift Supremacy had the best power leveling guide for Rift, I think I might have to take that statement back. Rift Domination might just be the best Rift power leveling guide out there. Regardless of your calling, or exact build, or experience level, you will be able to hit the level cap very quickly. Supposedly you can get from 0-50 in 48 hours, although this seems like a bit of a stretch.
- There is a very accomplished beginner guide. If you are completely new to Rift and aren't sure how to play or what to do then this will ease your worries. In fact, I prefer this beginner guide to the one in the Xerxes Rift Mastery Guide. If you are a Rift newbie then the beginners guide in Rift Domination will be absolutely vital for you.
- Rift Domination features an in-depth guide to Rift instances. These are kind of like private dungeons (if you weren't aware) for higher level players. They can be very challenging. There are also 3 instanced raids.
- It has a strong focus on PvP gameplay. If you like PvP then you will love Rift Domination.
- There are full-color maps for every major area in the game.
- One big problem with Rift Domination is that it costs quite a bit more than both Xerxes and Rift Supremacy. The current price of Rift Domination is $47, which is about $12 dollars more than the major competition. Is it worth the extra money? If you are a newbie, or want to power level very quickly, then yes. If you have the extra money to spend, yes. Otherwise, you are better off with Rift Supremacy or Xerxes Rift Mastery Guides.
- You get a free bonus dedicated to Rift PvP combat, including how to build a strong PvP character. This is a very nice touch.
- There are free updates for life, and no hidden fees. You also get a 60 day money-back guarantee.
- You can pay by Paypal, and all major credit cards are accepted too. Payment is 100% secure. You then download your copy after payment.
Click here to learn more about Rift Domination, including what other users have to say about it.
Wednesday, September 14, 2011
Check out this video for a very usable Rift Cleric PvP build. I am a big fan of the Cleric calling for PvP combat in Rift. While you're at it, check out Rift Supremacy and get a comprehensive build list for all callings and game types (PvP, solo play et)
Tuesday, September 13, 2011
The most important thing with a Rift Warrior solo build is that it needs to be very well-balanced. Because you might have to go from playing a defensive to offensive game in a few moments, you can't neglect any aspect of combat skill. You need to have both close & ranged combat abilities, as well as some defensive capabilities. The good news for the Warrior calling is that there are four distinctly offense souls, and four defense souls that can be selected from. Therefore, all you need to do is pick two offense and one defense soul, ensuring that you have both ranged and close damage capabilities, and physical and magical damage defense.
As far as offense souls go, put points into the following:
Champion - this soul is great at close range combat and will allow you to dominate close encounters more easily
Beastmaster - you get some decent ranged abilities, not to mention a pet that will be invaluable for 'crowd control'.
For your defense soul you can pick between Paladin, Reaver, Void Knight, and Warlord.
If you are not too worried about the risk of magic attacks then select Paladin. This will provide you with the best physical damage defense.
However, it is probably a more sage idea to select either Reaver or Void Knight, simply as these provide good magic and ranged defense abilities. Nothing will ruin your day quicker than coming up against a powerful mage who can just shred through your Warrior solo build, so it pays to have some solid magic defense.
At the end of the day there are many different combinations available for a viable Rift solo Warrior build. The type of character you create will be a reflection of your playing style. The main thing you need to take away today is that you MUST create a balanced build if you want to do solo play. You can't have an all-out attack build, nor can you focus squarely on defense.
Now that you know the basics of creating a powerful solo Warrior character, click here to learn how to make a truly unbeatable Warrior.
Sunday, September 11, 2011
Professions are an important part of most online RPG games, and this is no exception for Rift: Planes of Telara. Picking the right profession for you will enable you to progress swiftly through the game, and you will also enjoy playing it far more. You can use professions to boost your character's skills, or you can profit by earning gold. Keep reading this Rift professions guide to learn more about the different types of professions you can choose from, as well as how you can use them to boost your progress in Rift.
There are two distinct types of professions in Rift: crafting professions, and gathering professions. All the professions in Rift fall under one of these two headings.
Rift crafting professions guide
- Armorsmithing is used to create armor for your character, or that you can then onsell to other players.
- Outfitting is similar, but creates leather and cloth items instead. If you rely on defense from heavy armor then avoid outfitting and pick armorsmithing instead.
- Weaponsmithing makes physical damage weapons for Warriors and Rogues.
- Artificing makes weapons for Mages and Clerics, as well as magical necklaces and rings (these can be used by every class)
- Runecrafting is used to break down existing items into shards/fragments, which can then be used to enhance other items (usually weapons or armor)
- Apothecary is used to create potions for healing, defense, and mana boost.
Rift gathering professions guide
- Butchering allows you to collect leather and hides from dead monsters.
- Foraging allows you to collect herbs and plants.
- Mining allows you to collect ore.
With gathering professions you can either use the items you find in conjunction with a crafting profession to make even better items, or you can go to the auction house and sell whatever you find. If you are short of cash, or want to raise quite a healthy sum of platinum in a short period of time then consider auctioning off spare items you got from gathering.
You can have up to three professions at any one time, and you can change later in the game (but you have to go through the hassle of assigning points all over again, so it is better to be sure what professions you want to use early on)
- Mining works well with weaponsmithing and armorsmithing.
- Butchery works well with outfitting.
- Foraging is good for artificing and apothecary.
For a more in-depth Rift professions guide please click here.
The best calling (or class, if you prefer to use the old fashioned term) for PvP combat in Rift is the Warrior. Although you have probably read that the Rogue is the most flexible calling in general, when it comes to Player vs Player combat you really do need the extra power and combat strength that the Warrior calling brings to the table.
Now that we have determined that the Warrior is the best Rift PvP class, what is the best soul or character build for combat?
Both the Void Knight, and Riftblade souls are extremely potent for PvP combat. These two souls in combination will provide you with an excellent base for defense and offense against both magic and physical damage character builds. In particular, mages and clerics will have a difficult time overcoming the Void Knight, as it specializes in defending against cast magic. The Rift Blade is excellent at repelling physical damage attacks, so you are well sorted for all types of defense.
Because a Warrior-Rift Blade/Void Knight combo is so good at defense, and you can dish out huge amounts of physical damage, you just cannot be beaten (provided you have the right amount of skill and aren't battling out of your league) Only the Bard can offer a challenge, up until level 19-20. After this point the Warrior is just going to rocket ahead of the bard in the PvP stakes.
Therefore, the best Rift PvP class is the Warrior, with the Rift Blade and Void Knight souls. Put points and effort into this build and you will reap the reward for your efforts. Player vs Player combat is some of the most fun you will have with Rift, so make sure you have a good build for it.
Do you want to master Rift PvP Combat? If so, please click here to learn how.
Don't forget to check out my Elder Scrolls Online leveling guide as well.
Wednesday, September 7, 2011
If you want to download Xerxes Rift guide then I strongly suggest that you pay for it, rather than trying to cheapskate the creator of the product and download it for free. You will make your money back quickly in terms of saved time and frustration, and you will enjoy playing Rift much more once you use Xerxes guide to massively improve your skills and abilities.
Watch this video below to see behind the scenes footage of Xerxes Rift Guide:
Times are tough for most of us at the moment, but it pays to remember that the creative brains behind products such as Xerxes Rift Guide deserve to be rewarded for their efforts. For less than $40 you can get your own legit copy, and you also get a money-back guarantee in case you aren't satisfied, so you have absolutely nothing to lose anyway. You'll also get the satisfaction of knowing that the team that put hundreds of hours of work into making the guide are getting a fair reward for their efforts.
In case you aren't aware of all the impressive features of the Xerxes guide, and how it stacks up with its competition (namely Rift Supremacy) please read my previous post here.
Click here to learn more about Xerxes Rift Guide and to download your own copy.
Tuesday, September 6, 2011
Here is a little bit of discussion for you keen MMORPG players out there- do you prefer Rift, or the classic WoW (World of Warcraft in case you are somehow unaware of the acronym)
Rift certainly has better graphics, and somehow more unique feeling gameplay, even though it is in reality quite heavily based on WoW. Rifts and invasions add a very cool dimension to the game that make it so much fun to play, while the gorgeous visuals also add to the gaming experience.
However, WoW has a much bigger player base, much more content, and is perhaps the greatest online RPG game of all time. Of course it has started to feel a little dated in comparison with the more modern Rift, but graphics and polish do not make the game, they merely enhance it.
So what do you reckon the best of the two is? Do you prefer Rift, or would you rather play WoW? Please leave a comment and let me know what you think, I would absolutely love to hear from you and discover what my readers think about these two great games.