There are four main archetypes/ 'callings' in Rift that you can pick from when creating your character. Which Rift calling is the best? Today you are going to learn the ins and outs of all four Rift callings, as well as which ones are the best.
Here is a brief overview of the four callings:
- Warrior - best choice for 'tanks' or straight up brawlers/melee fighters.
- Rogue - combines stealth and combat ability
- Cleric - good at healing and casting defensive spells
- Mage - good at casting offensive/attack magic.
Each of the callings can then be developed into various 'souls' - these are like sub-categories within a particular class.
Here are some examples of popular souls for the 4 callings:
- Warrior - Paladin, Champion, Reaver, Warlord, Void Knight
- Rogue - Assassin, Ranger, Riftstalker, Nightblade
- Cleric - Inquisitor, Purifier, Shaman, Warden
- Mage - Pyromancer, Necromancer, Elementalist, Warlock
For a full listing of possible souls please click here
So which Rift calling is the best?
Really this depends almost entirely on what type of gamer you are, and how you like to play your games. If you are the sort of player who likes to wade into battle and dish out the damage then choose the Warrior calling. On the other hand, if you want to sit back and assist other players then choose cleric.
My personal recommendation if you absolutely cannot decide what calling you want is to play as a Rogue. All Rogue souls are flexible, and you will have a lot of fun playing as one of these characters. This calling offers a good middle ground, and a wide variety of playing possibilities. Therefore, Rogue is the best rift calling.